Looking for ways to improve your customer success? Read these 5 ways you can help keep your customers happy and coming back on a regular basis:
#1 Treat customers like you want to be treated
The number one golden rule in life is do unto others as you’d have them do unto you. That should also be your mantra when it comes to dealing with your customers. This is going to get your miles farther than any other tactic you can try.
- How are your customers being greeted? — Make your customers feel welcomed and their business desired. This will help set the tone for your entire transaction.
- Let your customers know that they are valued — Let your customers know you think they are important. Your sincerity makes them feel good about you and the organization and will keep them coming back time and time again.
- Ask how you can help your customers — Find out what they want. It is important that each customer encounter makes them feel satisfied and understood.
- Don’t challenge disgruntled customers — Remember that the customer is ALWAYS right. Listen, reassure them that you’ll escalate or act on their complaint and follow through until resolution.
- Help customers — You should be willing to go out of your way to get your customers what they want. Make it easy for customers to locate or obtain the information they need.
#2 ALWAYS say ‘Thank you’
Kindness and gratitude will go a LONG way! As many as 3 out of 4 customers say they have spent more with a company because of a history of positive experiences. Kindness and gratitude towards a customer is an sure fire way to further enchant them for the long term.
Sending a thank-you note in a e-mail won’t impress anyone. A handwritten note is a great idea – not only is it more personal, but also very original. This applies mostly to situations where the sale or transaction is arranged personally by a sales representative. Your customers will want to engage with your staff and come back again and again.
#3 Add a personal touch
Adding a personal touch to your relationship with your customers is a great way to show you care. You can add personal touches with hand written Christmas cards or birthday cards, or even an email about your work anniversary. Even though these are small actions, they help show that you care and enforces your position as the top choice for your customers.
#4 Always listen and hear what your customers are saying
Really listen to what your customers are telling your. Talk to your customers, take their opinions into account when making large scale changes. Your customers fell in love with your business for a reason, you want to make sure you maintain what it is that drew them in. If your customers have reasonable requests, listen to what it is that they want. There may be other customers who desire the same product/service which will in turn help grow your customer database.
#5 Be Consistent
Consistency is key in life and that’s no different when it comes to your business and keeping customers happy. To keep customers happy, you need to be consistent in providing quality products and services. Regularly schedule meetings with your employees to get new ideas that might help increase customer satisfaction. If you’re able to, setting up focus groups is also a great way to gather information!
If you’re a business owner, you know the importance of having a great customer success platform. I hope these tips will help you all grow your business with happy, recurring customers for a long time to come.